CALIFORNIA INSURER DISCLOSURE OF IMPORTANT POLICY PROVISIONS
Pre-Existing Conditions, as defined under the Definitions section below, are not covered. Other exclusions may apply. Please refer to the exclusions section of the policy (What Is Not Covered) for more information.
Right to Examine and Return
You have thirty (30) days from the day you receive the policy, certificate or rider to review it and return it to the company if you decide not to keep it. You do not have to tell the Company why you are returning it. If you decide not to keep it, simply return it to the company at its administrative office or you may return it to the insurance producer that you bought it from as long as you have not filed a claim. You must return it within 30 days of the day you first received it. The company will refund the full amount of any premium paid within 30 days after it receives the returned policy, certificate or rider. The premium refund will be sent directly to the person who paid it. The policy, certificate or rider will be void as if it had never been issued.
The fastest and easiest way to return your policy is by notifying us in writing through the channel outlined below:
Annual Policy Limit, Annual Deductible, & Co-Insurance
- ANNUAL POLICY LIMIT: The maximum amount that the policy will pay in any Annual term.
- DEDUCTIBLE: The Annual amount you pay out-of-pocket for the Actual Cost of Veterinary Treatment for any eligible Condition after the application of your select Co-Insurance amount.
- CO-INSURANCE: This term applies to both parties as described on your declaration page. The larger percentage represents our portion of the Actual Cost of Veterinary Treatment that is paid for any eligible Condition before the application of your chosen Deductible
Description of Illness and Injuries Plan Coverage
$2,500; $5,000; $10,000; $25,000; $40,000Co-Insurance
70%; 80%; 90%Annual Deductible
$50-$1,000 (as shown on the policy declaration page)Supplemental Benefits
The below supplemental benefits are available for additional premium. Please refer to the policy declaration page to see if your policy includes these supplemental benefits: Office Visits/Exam Fee Coverage, Take Home Prescription Medication Coverage, Rehabilitation, Acupuncture, and Chiropractic Care Coverage
Description of Accident Only Coverage
- 3 days following the Policy Effective Date for any Injuries and any related Conditions.
- 14 days following the Policy Effective Date for any Illnesses and any related Conditions.
- 6 months following the Policy Effective Date for any Cruciate Ligament Events and any related Conditions.
- Once met, these Waiting Periods are waived for continuous, uninterrupted policy renewals, including, at our discretion, uninterrupted policy renewals from other pet insurance providers; however, if you cancel or non-renew your policy in order to add any supplemental benefit (if applicable) or increase your Annual Limit (if applicable) on a new policy, then Waiting Periods will not be waived for that new policy.
- The waiting periods may be reduced or waived for coverage acquired through pre-approved channels where the health of your Pet is certified by a participating veterinarian prior to coverage being purchased.
Please refer to the Declaration Page for your Pet’s specific waiting period.
Changes to Your Premium
- Your premium will NOT change based on your Pet’s individual claims experience.
- Your premium MAY change if your address changes. We require notification within 30 days of an address change.
- Your premium WILL change at renewal as the covered pet gets older.
Determination of Claim Payments
The Company provides coverage to you for the Pet described in the policy and on the policy declaration page for the Actual Cost of Veterinary Treatment for any eligible condition, subject to the terms of the Policy, after the application of the Co-Insurance, minus the Deductible, up to the Annual Limit of the policy.
The formula for determining claims reimbursement is as follows: eligible expenses multiplied by the reimbursement percentage minus the deductible equals the claim payout.
Total eligible expensesx 90%)
Reimbursement percentage– $250
Remaining annual deductible$830
TOTAL REIMBURSEMENT AMOUNT
Routine Care/Routine Care Plus Endorsement
Routine Care/Routine Care Plus is an optional endorsement that may be added to your base pet health insurance policy. Purchase of a routine care endorsement is not a requirement for the purchase of pet insurance. The endorsement is subject to all provisions of your policy that are not in conflict with the provisions of the endorsement.
The endorsement provides reimbursements for preventative care shown below up to the lesser of the Actual Cost of Veterinary Treatment expense provided by a Veterinarian or the following maximum allowable limits.
- PET INSURANCE: An individual or group insurance policy that provides coverage for Veterinary expenses.
- PRE-EXISTING CONDITION: Any condition for which a veterinarian provided medical advice, the pet received treatment for, or the pet displayed signs or symptoms consistent with the stated condition prior to the effective date of a pet insurance policy or during any waiting period.
- REIMBURSEMENT PERCENTAGE: Co-insurance.
- VETERINARIAN: An individual who holds a valid license to practice veterinary medicine from the Veterinary Medical Board pursuant to Chapter 11 (commencing with Section 4800) of Division 2 of the Business and Professions Code or other appropriate licensing entity in the jurisdiction in which he or she practices.
- WAITING PERIOD: The period of time specified in a pet insurance policy that is required to transpire before some or all of the coverage in the policy can begin.
California Department of Insurance Contact Information
California Department of Insurance300 Capitol Mall Ste 1700Sacramento, CA 95814Website https://www.insurance.ca.gov/Phone
Producer Contact Information
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Sections 1798.100 and 1798.105 permit you to make requests to access categories and specific pieces of personal information about you, as well as to request to delete personal information about you.
- To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted.
To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to email@example.com.
Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.